Club History

119 years and going strong!  Established June 24, 1902 New Toronto Lawn Bowling Club is the oldest ongoing lawn bowling club in Toronto.

It is believed the land was originally owned by the Goodyear Company and it was given to the club however, over the years, documents are not available to prove this community lore and with the amalgamations of the Cities of Etobicoke and Toronto the land is now owned by the City of Toronto.  Through the school months of September to June a daycare center operates from the building which benefits both the club and community in this beautiful lakeside location.

Etobicoke historical society has done some research on the club’s history available here: